Lighting control system for Smart Houses
- When public spaces are not being used, lighting at full power is a pure waste of energy. That is why the main idea was to create such a solution, that will help our customer to save energy and thereby to reduce operating expenses which can be measured and planned.
- For the same customer, we created an Application for light management based on Dali and EnOcean protocols. Subsequently we wanted to integrate the interaction with mobile phones into this app.
What was achieved:
- remote control of groups of light bulbs, turning them on and off, and controlling the brightness;
- ability to control a light management system via mobile phone;
- thanks to the application, 20% of the time was released, which used to take control of the indoor lighting;
- adjusting artificial light provides energy savings of up to 35%, what significantly saves money;
- what is more, the app enhances lamp life up to 25%, reducing maintenance costs.
A Smart City is the provision of a modern quality of life through the use of innovative technologies that provide for the economical and environmentally friendly use of urban life systems, in our case — lighting systems. Our solution is based on a hardware platform of programmable logical controllers (PLC) in junction with a special controller implementing DALI interface and a GPRS module.This application enables highly effective, customizable and manageable house/building lighting systems. Our development includes software for PLC and software for visualization of user interface initially developed with CoDeSys.
Thanks to our application, the way to the Smart City has become a bit shorter, simplifying life for people, saving consumed energy, making our world much more environmentally friendly, thereby prolonging our life on the planet. The main idea was to control the light either from the built-in computer panel or from a mobile phone. In the built-in computer with a touch screen, it configures the entire lighting system of the building as a whole. With the mobile phone you can change individual settings in separate places or simply turn on / off the light as needed. By separate settings it meant separate lamps, duration, and brightness of burning. There is no longer need to spend time moving around a large building, if you need to manage lightning throughout the day. This can easily be done with a few fingers. Smart City, smart solutions.
Application for light management, Software & Hardware
ST, C++, C#, CoDeSys, MFC, .NET, ModBus, DALI, EnOcean, NHibernate, SQLite, MySQL
Our customer is a company that develops software and hardware solutions for automation, as well as for measuring instruments. The main areas of activity of our customer are the Internet of Things, Energy and Utilities, with a deep knowledge and expertise in each of them.
The system that can demonstrate an ability to control lighting of several light sources with DALI ballasts from a mobile phone was definitely needed. This would greatly enhance efficiency and productivity, meeting the latest demands of the modern life. After making the decision to create such a system and its subsequent implementation, our customer made a presentation at the Energy and Utilities expo. That made possible to find customers interested in large-scale variants of the samples, shown at the presentation. Subsequently, this system found use in an Application for light management.