Medical billing software
- To integrate the latest technology and industry standards into the new solution.
- To maintain high productivity levels after the new billing system's implementation.
- To train the Customer's team on using the new software.
- To optimize the process of submitting and following up on CMS-1500 claims to insurance companies.
- To make the system compliant with HIPAA and HL7 regulations.
What was achieved:
- the implementation of the new solution allowed the Customer to improve its competitiveness, compliance and efficiency;
- the claims status and payments tracking ability resulted in a 30% increase in the number of clients;
- mentor and protege can find each other on the portal in terms of interests, specializations, colloquial languages;
- the productivity of each Customer's employee increased by 27% through the reduction in time spent on each claim.
All efforts resulted in a new client-server medical billing software with multiple security layers and role-based access levels.
As a result of this project, the new medical billing software optimized the process of submitting and following up on claims to insurance companies. All of the billing processes were required to go through a review, reengineering and documentation according to proposed functionality compliant with HIPAA, HL7 and ODB regulations. This effort included the planning of how to depict each control and process, developing the expected results, documentation of the process and control evidence. The medical billing software developed by Softarex Technologies, Inc. included the following features:More
Billing & Payments
Our Customer is a well-known American medical billing organization with operations all over the USA. The company provides its clients efficient medical billing and credentialing services.
It became evident that the Customer's billing system that was in use since the 1980s lacked the necessary functionality and no longer was current with technology. The system was DOS-based and had not changed much since its initial development. As Customer's employees grew accustomed to Windows programs, operating this system – that also inconsistently wrote checks and randomly froze up and shut down – became increasingly difficult. As a result, it was decided to replace the old automated system with something modern and easy to use.