With the thousands of COVID-19-related articles and studies released every day, it’s difficult to stay on top of the latest research and treatment trends. Therefore, individuals and healthcare providers feel a strong need for a comprehensive database with reliable and relevant information that would help them answer all the critical questions about COVID-19.
And we’ve implemented a web-based app that will enable hospitals and patients to stay abreast of the latest articles and studies about coronavirus diagnosis and treatment.
For this project, we’ve developed a web-based application for health care providers and individuals. It’s aimed at navigating users through the latest COVID-19-related articles and studies.
An app user can select one of five roles — patient, direct care, administration, research, public health. It helps narrow down the search for articles in the application database.
The articles are divided by topics into 4 main areas of interest — care setting, subject, care process, and research — that are further broken down into numerous more specific groups. Users may also filter search results by publication type, source, article maturity, and more. It helps improve the user’s browsing experience and the efficiency of the search.
This open-source project for BMP+ Health is our contribution to the open-source community. The project is designed to help healthcare providers and individuals around the world to fight the global COVID-19 pandemic by offering them emergent guidance and information from the most reliable resources.
Reliable information. The app’s database should have consisted of articles from reliable resources;
Quick search. The app had to help users get instant access to information.
What was achieved:
- The app has made it easier for hospitals to follow the latest treatment and diagnosis trends;
- The navigator has helped streamline the searching process and completely exclude unreliable sources from the search results;
- The solution has helped to increase public awareness of COVID-19.
- Node.JS (NestJs, PostgreSQL)
App users can:
- Get access to the latest COVID-19-related information to stay up-to-date with the newest treatment and diagnosis trends;
- Quickly and efficiently find relevant articles and studies without losing confidence in its accuracy;
- Get the most accurate information about COVID-19: common symptoms, transmission, safety guidelines, prevention, treatment, and more.