Due to the pandemic, wearing masks has become mandatory in many public places, including airports. Airport operators are required to monitor the implementation of this safety measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, continuous monitoring of all visitors and airport workers requires engaging a lot of staff.
For this reason, airports need a smart technological solution that will allow them to monitor compliance with the face mask policy and identify violators without using additional resources.
To meet airport operators’ business needs we’ve developed an AI-powered software solution.
We’ve developed a powerful AI-based video analytics software that enables real-time face mask compliance monitoring.
The system reviews video streams generated by CCTV cameras, then isolates and organizes images in the frame into two categories: people with face masks on and norm violators.
In case a violation occurs, the software triggers alerts and sends reminders to the employees about mask-wearing.
To help airport operators minimize contacts between those who abide by COVID-19 mask-wearing and those who don’t, the system builds a roadmap of a violator.
Our customer is an airport operator that needs a software solution for automated mask-wearing abidance monitoring.
Accurate mask recognition. The system had to identify individuals in the crowd, determine if they have a face mask on and whether they wear it correctly;
Quick alerting. The software should analyze the obtained data and send a quick alert in case of a mask-wearing policy violation to trigger quick responsive action.
What was achieved:
- With the software in place, there’s no need for engaging additional staff to monitor face mask-wearing abidance;
- Continuous monitoring helps reduce the number of mask-wearing violations of up to 80%.
Using our solution, airport operators can:
- Hand over the burden of face mask compliance monitoring to the software, therefore, freeing up staff and resources;
- Correctly identify masks of any types and sizes from different angles, and distinguish them from other objects on the face such as headscarves, glasses, or hats;
- Get real-time alerts about mask policy violations, be it the absence of a mask or incorrect mask-wearing, and quickly address them;
- Send smart reminders about mask-wearing;
- Store all policy violators’ photos in a database.