In our times of fast-growing rates of manufacturing and resource consumption, the environmental conditions people live in abound with dangerous factors that could affect their health. In the long run, it results in various pathological processes and illnesses. In its turn, it causes decreasing in life duration and working abilities and a raise in costs for health care and sick days paid. All this brings up the need for the system that would allow checking and control surroundings state to prevent financial losses caused by physical health rate depression.
Our own innovation, GreenVaro (Patent Pending. Application No. 15/088,658) is an all-encompassing approach that embodies hardware and software designed to collect and analyze a wide range of conditional parameters including air humidity and temperature, carbon dioxide and monoxide levels, dust levels, etc.
- To design a compact device that will perform monitoring for the wide list of environmental factors.
- To make the system highly customizable and module in order to fulfill diverse requirements of a broad clientele.
- To collect environmental data and perform its full analysis.
- To provide users with plain and comprehensive breakdowns on the leaving/working area conditions.
- To furnish monitoring approach with alerting service to notify users in case of critical conditions changes.
- With the proposed approach environment complex monitoring can become much more available and customary for average people;
- The environmental analysis provided in a plain self-explanatory form will give insight into the current state of the surroundings and raise people’s concern for nature protection;
- Sensor modules for dust and allergens rates alongside the alert system will ease the lives of people suffering from respiratory conditions.
- Objective C
- Android SDK
- iOS SDK
- RESTfull API
Our time and efforts resulted in a working prototype that comprises two main components: GreenVaro Monitoring Device and Mobile Application that in complex perform environmental monitoring and analysis. The Monitoring Device is a modular system that consists of a Central Unit and additional sensor modules that append to the Central Unit via mini-USB connectors or wireless communications. The Central Unit contains a processor, power supply, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modules, and a basic set of sensors. This approach makes the system highly customizable to the user needs as it allows assembling an own set-up with the most appropriate sensor modules without changing the Central Unit. All the data gathered and processed by Monitoring Device will be sent to the server. GreenVaro mobile application in its turn will allow a user to connect to the server via Wi-Fi in order to gain full access to the collected information. The application will also provide access to the expert data analysis system and a variety of tips and recommendations for improving environmental conditions in specific situations according to the user’s local standards. The full list of features the mobile application currently can provide is as follows:
- measurements history and updates: All the collected info is stored in order to provide full and detailed statistics on environment changes;
- data visualization: Plain charts and breakdowns showing the parameters dynamics and their conformance to set standards;
- notifications send-out allows alerting the user if one of the parameters goes above or below the accepted range;
- useful tips: Displaying of the analytical information from the expert system and recommendations for environmental conditions improvements;
- settings configuration: Ability to set preferences on notification delivery and data sending to the server.
The other advantageous feature of this app is its ability to run on both Android and iOS platforms, which makes GreenVaro system even more compliant.