The problem of many hospitals was that patients had to stand in lines and wait for their turn for a long time when a doctor will prescribe a certain treatment. Moreover, to get the treatment they had to make another appointment and wait again. It wasn’t convenient at all. Therefore, the decision to create a solution for recording at the reception was quite logical and justified. And we’ve developed such a solution.
The application is based on the concept that a patient can ask the hospital for certain services. While requiring a service, a patient enters personal information and then is put on a waiting list. Then an operator performs a service assignment that involves assigning this patient to the requested service.
Our customer is a healthcare software company.
The main idea was not only to create an application for booking an appointment, thanks to which patients could sign up for a reception and book a certain service but also develop an ACL system that would give different levels of access for patients and doctors. Using the app, a patient is able to select the most convenient appointment and a service they want, and a doctor can decide if it’s necessary or not.
What was achieved:
- the waiting time was significantly reduced;
- it became much easier to make an appointment;
- thanks to the Date Confirmation function, fewer appointments were missed;
- thus, hospitals will not encounter unrealized consultation anymore;
- the number of hospital requests has increased as hospitals have become more organized.
- Spring Security
With the help of our value-based healthcare authoring tool for chronic disease management and mobile application, users can easily manage their disease activity to improve health outcomes in a cost-effective manner. App users can:
- review their personalized care program, clinical and laboratory results, upcoming labs, clinic visits, scheduled home care, and procedures;
- update their current disease activity state and quality of life and work productivity;
- place a call for an appointment or apply for hospitals for getting the directions to clinics online.
The key features that were implemented during the development:
- ACL — a control list that determines who can access a specific object;
- Dictionary — after registration in the system patients will have access to the dictionary that describes all the services and procedures;
- Patient Registration/Modification — patients can register in the system and order services they want. In case of any changes they can easily modify their request;
- ‘Waiting List’ Registration and Modification — operators assign patients any convenient free date after they placed their request in the system;
- History Management — all patients’ queries, the history of diseases, and treatment are stored in one place. Moreover, it is absolutely confidential;
- Date Confirmation —patients should confirm the appointment date to ensure that it’s kept;
- Service Execution — on the appointed day it is necessary to come into the hospital to receive the treatment.