Many instructors conducting individual training for students were dissatisfied with the existing traditional way of teaching. This involved the delivery of equipment to training classes, collision with international customs, and arrival in the classroom with unpacked equipment, which caused many emergencies. It became clear that there must be a better way.
The platform developed by Softarex Technologies is a tool for virtual distance learning, which allows creating various virtual classes for students from the existing arsenal of initial virtual machine stock on servers provided by our customer’s company. The new software is a part of the ecosystem of interconnected tools for conducting online training.
- To design and develop different virtual classrooms specifically for training, and to add features that can not be found in the typical meeting and collaboration tools.
- These features should include the support for thumbnail view, engagement monitor, assistant instructors, help queue, follow-up list, advanced presentation, and timeline management.
What was achieved:
- with the platform that Softarex Technologies has developed the education process got much easier, efficient, faster, and easy-to-handle;
- it makes classroom and lab setup easier while providing instructors with industry-leading features to optimize the learning experience. From now, there are significant improvements in learning speed, reduced system downtime, less dependence on internal IT, and noticeable gains in training image performance.
On the platform, there are training classes, where instructors and students can easily communicate and collaborate with each other. Each student works in laboratories, which in turn are web applications or virtual machines deployed on a remote server (Cloud-based labs and Hardware-based labs, respectively). Each laboratory is pre-configured by the instructors, and they can see the work of each student online. Moreover, they can connect to the student’s laboratory, help them, solve any problems, adjust their work, give pieces of advice on learning and mastering the material. On the platform, there is also a public audio room, available for everyone.
Thanks to the platform developed by our company, training has become even more accessible, comfortable, and practical. Starting from now, any class member can upload his materials (texts, videos, audio, questionnaires, etc.), that will be available to the entire class.
What is worth mentioning:
- with the developed platform you get easy setup, global reach, instructor features, and 24/7 live support;
- access to dozens of innovative training features that can’t be found in public meeting tools;
- now the instructor can take a bird’s-eye view of the whole class and at the same time take full control over a student’s lab environment;
- during the lab exercises, the instructor can monitor students’ activity and get alerts when someone finishes the lab or becomes disengaged;
- students can easily ask for help by adding themselves to the help queue. Instructors can push files, run scripts, take control, reboot, or reset any lab environment without any difficulties;
- instructors can send surveys, tasks, exams, and polls to students anytime;
- since the launch of the platform, more than 7500 teachers have trained more than 1.2 million students in 150,000 classes.