Production managers need real-time information about all events on the production floor to timely address any emerging manufacturing problems like production line stoppage, unplanned downtime, quality defects in the manufactured products, inadequate efficiency of processes, low productivity, and many others. However, with old equipment, it’s very difficult to get any data out of production lines other than parts produced per hour.
Therefore, there’s a growing need for industrial monitoring systems that without any modification of the existing equipment would keep track of production areas 24/7 and provide production managers with real-time data on the manufacturing process.
In response to our customer’s demand, Softarex Technologies has developed a cloud-based production monitoring system powered by Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Through cameras, IoT sensors, and devices, the system monitors production areas in real time and collects valuable manufacturing data: defects of the manufactured products, the number of spent materials, cycle time, production line stops, production and non-production times, the number and coordinates of objects on the production line, workers’ movements, and more. Then production tracking software analyzes the obtained information and notifies staff about any emerging issues.
Softarex production monitoring system’s features:
- 24/7 production monitoring
- Real-time automated data collection
- Providing access to the obtained information from any electronic device
- Checking the condition of the machinery
- Predicting workflow failures and possible congestion
- Quick notifying of any production-related problems: downtime, line stoppage, machine failure, etc.
- Monitoring and counting objects throughout production lines
- Measuring the coordinates of necessary fragments or devices parts of the specified machines
- Controlling workers’ activity
Our customer is a large U.S. packaging and recycling company. It struggled with production issues like the lack of visibility into the manufacturing process, machine failures, and inefficient staff management which caused lower productivity and unplanned downtime. It needed a production monitoring solution that would keep track of all production processes and workers’ activity, collect valuable manufacturing data, help address the emerging issues head-on and optimize daily operations.
Production monitoring system by Softarex has helped our customer achieve the following:
- Production managers are provided with insight into production processes thanks to 24/7 production monitoring
- Reduced risk of production problems due to responding to the emerging alerts in a timely manner
- Reduced paperwork and human effort
- Automated production line workflow
- Streamlined production processes
- Improved production process efficiency
- Increased workplace safety
- Enhanced workers’ productivity and motivation thanks to continuous monitoring of their activity
- Reduced operational costs