As the COVID-19 pandemic spread out, physical distancing was one of the first prevention measures that airport operators had to implement. However, it’s become quite a challenge to monitor whether passengers and staff follow the safety regulation.
For this reason, we have developed a robust solution that will help airport operators minimize the spread of viral infections and comply with the established social distancing rules.
For this project, we have developed a smart software fueled by AI and CV to help airport operators monitor social distancing rule compliance.
The system analyzes video streams from CCTV cameras across an airport, recognizes people and their postures in the image, and detects the rule violations. If a violation occurs, the software sends notifications to the staff in charge. It also records all the rule violation acts and provides access to them in video footage.
The software counts the number of people entering the airport and informs visitors whether they are allowed to enter or not.
It builds an online density map of crowds at an airport and creates reports on a building’s daily footfall.
Our customer is an airport operator who needs to automate social distancing compliance monitoring.
Accurate detection. The system had to accurately detect human-beings on the video stream and identify social distancing rule violations;
Quick alerting. The system should analyze the obtained data and sent a prompt alert in case a social distancing rule violation occurred to trigger quick responsive action;
Data storage. The software had to record and store all the regulation violation acts in a database, and provide quick, anytime access to them.
What was achieved:
- Reduced number of regulation violations;
- Optimized staff and resource allocation;
- Optimized flow of passengers entering an airport.
With our system airport operators can:
- Get real-time alerts about social distancing rule violations and the high crowd density and quickly address them;
- Automatically detect and record social distancing rule violations;
- Automatically control the flow of passengers and visitors entering the building;
- Gain valuable insight into passenger density at an airport and a building’s daily footfall for optimized resource and staff planning.