In the healthcare sphere, it was necessary to create such a system, where doctors and specialized nurses could use wireless devices to help to track patients’ symptoms and to communicate with each other in real-time. It would not only simplify the process of communication between patients and hospitals but also reduce time and costs. That is why the decision to create a Value-based healthcare authoring tool and mobile applications for patients was made.
For this project we have developed iOS and Android mobile applications for patients, that can be downloaded on the AppStore and Google Play. Application functions are interactive, they allow patients to actively participate in their disease management when and where they need it.
Meanwhile, the mobile application includes such components as a flexible procedure module, a care program builder, a custom form builder, an education builder, and a general workflow engine.
Our customer is a world leader in the diagnosis, treatment, and research aimed at combating debilitating and deadly disorders affecting the gastrointestinal tract.
- Value-based healthcare supposed to be a new approach to chronic disease management. The Value-based healthcare model couples evidence-based disease management with an active patient-provider partnership to maximize the value of health care that patients receive while managing costs.
- What is more, for the Value-based healthcare innovators – UCLA Division for Digestive Diseases – Center for Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, we have developed the mobile applications for patients that is available for iOS & Android.
What was achieved:
- Thanks to the new solution, application users can contact their healthcare team directly, which easies nurses work;
- Patients can submit a homecare questionnaire, review and confirm medications that is why the service has become more helpful and qualitative;
- With the help of the more convenient process, users are able to place a call for an appointment, get directions, and view entries over time.
- Objective C
- Android SDK
- iOS SDK
- RESTful API
Users can easily manage their disease activity to improve the health outcome in a cost-effective manner with the help of Value-based healthcare authoring tool for chronic disease management. Application users have access to the following functionality:
- Review of their personalized care program, clinical and laboratory results, upcoming labs, clinic visits, scheduled home care, and procedures;
- Update their current disease activity state, quality of life, and work productivity;
- Ability to place a call for an appointment or to obtain directions to the clinic online.