Customer’s practice integrates an efficient web-based legal jobs database with all the services of a traditional legal recruiting firm. Its coordinated work allowed to successfully pre-screen and assign proper candidates with the required credentials to the large and boutique law firms worldwide for the past ten years. Yet it became obvious that keeping the settled performance rate could be possible only when tending to the novice technologies and design guidelines. In that matter need for total rebranding and refreshing arose before Customer alongside the demand for new features essential for further effective work.
The outcome of our well-orchestrated work was the renovated and redecorated web-based application comfortable to use for both candidates looking for jobs and recruiters guiding, reviewing, and criticizing their applications.
Our customer is an international first-rate legal recruitment agency with offices in over a dozen cities across the United States and Asia. It partners with major law firms, including over a hundred and a half Am Law 200 firms and Fortune 500 companies.
- To update all the technologies used in the app to their latest version with preservation of all system’s diverse functionality.
- Extend the list of available features to simplify recruiters’ work on finding the best people matching employers’ requirements.
- Optimize existing workflows and make system performance more user-friendly.
- Design a new user interface that would conform to the latest trends yet will keep its resemblance to the old version.
- Enforce system security to assure data confidentiality.
What was achieved:
- modernization of the existing solution allowed Customer to improve his marketability, effectiveness, and capability;
- stylish responsive application design made it more attractive to the target audience – legal talents looking for a job;
- the productivity of each Customer’s employee significantly increased due to the system upgrade and enhancing.
- Ruby on Rails
- Thinking Sphinx
By the end of the project Softarex Technologies, Inc. delivered optimized and improved version of the existing product. Its enriched list of functions and enhanced performance allowed recruiters to adjust working process and handle the analysis of both candidates applications and employers requirements and conditions on the new level. After the system upgrade legal recruitment application obtained following features:
- two factor authentication: Double check of recruiter identity via phone number verification for each system entry to insure data safety;
- employer statistics: accurate breakdowns describing the most important info considering firm financials, offices allocation and employee specialization and education to assign candidates that’d fit the most;
- communication preferences: plain charts that combine all the statistics considering candidates’ prefered time and way of holding conversations to appoint the most suitable engagement;
- employer lists import: automatic load of Am Law 200 firm data to the database from a .csv file in order to keep it up-to-date in an easy and simple way;
- accelerated search engine: much more expeditious and precise search through the database for streamline work with the massive amount of info;
- intuitive interface: modernized layout along with the friendly modal windows and autocompletes that simplify and speed up data entry and forms submission for all kinds of users;
- layout responsiveness: mobile-friendly interface on the candidates side that makes application creation process even more comprehensible.
In addition, while implementing the above-described improvements a vast number of system defects and lapses that existed in the old version were indicated and fixed. Along with that many processes and workflows were overviewed and rearranged. As an example registration process can be brought up: reducing of superfluous fields, permuting steps and changing validation logic derived inflow elegance and simplicity. All that in complex made system work clean-cut and pleasant for both sides: recruiters and candidates.